Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dumpster Diving

Awhile ago my friend Shannon and I went dumpster diving.  I have to admit it was my first time dumpster diving and I was thinking Shannon was a bit nuts.  Don't ever underestimate my dear friend Shannon we found some headboards that were headed to the dump and turned them into a lovely bench for my deck.


Shannon used her expertise with the saw and cut one of the headboards in half and took a few inches off the bottom legs.
We then screwed the sides and back together along with some 2X4's.

It only took us 1-2 hours to put this bench together.  Shannon and I were very pleased on how it came together.  I decided I wanted to paint the bench red to match my other patio furniture.  I recieved some great birthday presents for my 40th birthday, a new electric sander, some red paint and a paint sprayer to help finish the job.
Here is my red bench.... along with the benches we made out of old pallets.  I am starting to wonder if my husband wants me to break out my new paint sprayer and paint the pallets red.  He keeps asking me if I am going to paint the pallet benches.  Haha  I'M thinking I need to put the paint sprayer to use on a new coat of stain for our deck.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment